Asterix

*Be Sure to Click on the Link to See the VIDEO!

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me...

Thinking of Birthday songs as this is indeed my Birthday, I can't help but choose The Sugarcubes. So, for those of you who didn't know, this is where Björk came from, and as you can see in this video, a very young Björk at that.

The Sugarcubes were the darling punk band from Iceland. I remember hearing about them from my friend Mark in college, then a couple years later, my sister was just in her nascent stage of a very successful career behind the camera in film, was at NYU for a film program. They used The Sugarcubes for one of the shorts, and it was just perfect. So, with that memory, I decided to dredge the up from the annals of history again.

Amazing that you can have The Sugarcubes and Sigur Ros from such an unexpected place. Music truly  is something that never ceases to amaze me.

Enjoy the very young Björk!


No comments:

Post a Comment