Asterix

*Be Sure to Click on the Link to See the VIDEO!

Friday, February 15, 2013

Stony Ground


As people who know me, know well that it is nearly impossible to pin down my “favorite” genre, musician, song, or type of music, and I try to expose myself to as many different types as possible. My biggest re-morse from India is not bringing back a bag full of Indian music, both Hindi and Tamil, but that will be for next time.

However, in the past week or so, this is my “favorite” new song that I heard on Radio 1 here in Belgium. It was one of the first times in a while that I sat in my car til the song was done.

I knew it was Richard Thompson, as I have been aware of him for 20 years or so, so I was not listening to hear who it was, but rather just to listen until the song had played its course.

As it is just out, there is no official video yet, so this may serve as a placeholder in the meantime. It is from Joe’s Pub in NYC from a few days ago. The album is called “Electric” and I have scanned it on iTunes and will most likely get the CD next time I am wandering the aisles of a music store, most likely next time I take a trip down to Brussels.

Not the best quality, but it gets the mood across.

Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment