Asterix

*Be Sure to Click on the Link to See the VIDEO!

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Symphony



Of the many one-hit wonders out there, this is one of my favorites, and for some reason it has been on the air quite a bit lately. That, or that I am listening to the radio more than normal, so perhaps it has an already heavy rotation here. Neither here nor there.

But, the Verve’s “Bittersweet Symphony” is right up there on the top of my list as one of those songs that just nails it. There has been controversy about the song with regards to plagiarism and counter-plagiarism, but in all honesty, I could care less about that since the Verve’s version is inspired.

However, I also heard from the DJ on Studio Brussels that the lead singer said that the likelihood of the Beatles having a reunion was better than the Verve ever getting back together. Well, pretty strong comparison, but too bad. However, it is interesting that a band, even with dissonance amongst themselves can at times produce such symphonic consonance.

I will always be fascinated by music and the creative drive behind it and am so grateful that there are musicians in the world and those people who truly are gifted with making it. I know that my life would be lacking so much without the symphonies in our lives that make the Bittersweet easier to take.

At times I do feel like a million different people, so it helps to know that others have felt likewise and had the vision and ability to make the music behind it. Hats off.


No comments:

Post a Comment